REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST
1. Program: Rwanda Sustainable Water Supply and Sanitation Program
2. Program component: Feasibility Study, Detailed Designs and Supervision of Works for the Construction of Sake Water Supply System
3. Sector: Water and Sanitation
4. Finance agreement reference:
5. Project ID NO: -
The Government of the Republic of Rwanda has applied for the additional financing to the Rwanda Sustainable Water and Sanitation Program to be financed through the African Development Bank (ADB) loan The Government intends to apply part of the proceeds to payments under the contract for the Consultancy Services for conducting feasibility study, detailed designs and supervision of works for the Construction of Sake Water Supply System.
7. The Assignment:
The objective of the consultancy is conducting feasibility study, carry out detailed designs and supervision of construction works related to the Construction of Sake Water Supply System comprising mainly of intake from Lake, Water Treatment Plant, Pump Stations, and Distribution Systems:
-- To carry out feasibility study and detailed designs in accordance with the terms and conditions of consultancy contract;
-- To fulfil the role of the Engineer’s Representative in the supervision and Coordination of the construction works;
-- To supervise contractor for the Construction of Sake Water Supply System (Phase I) in accordance with the conditions of contract, specifications and drawings, works carried out by the selected contractor. The consultant will ensure that work is carried out in accordance with the designs, specifications and works contract documents while at all - time ensuring quality, cost effectiveness and timely completion;
-- To provide the client with regular status reports and other reports as per the Terms of Reference, together with all related necessary technical assistance and professional advice to the Client related to supervision of the construction of the said works; and
-- To carry out the study for Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) and Resettlement Action Plan (RAP) study; and assist the client in the implementation of Resettlement of Project Affected Persons (PAPs) and monitoring of the implementation Environmental and Social Monitoring Plan.
8. The project will be implemented by the Water and Sanitation Corporation (WASAC) as the executing agency. The assignment will be implemented over a 33 months’ period. A Project Management Unit will be responsible for the day-to-day coordination of project implementation.
9. WASAC now invites eligible Consulting Firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing these services. Interested consultants must provide information indicating that they are qualified and have relevant experience to perform the services (brochures, description of similar assignments, experience in similar conditions, availability of appropriate skills among staff, etc.). Consultants may constitute joint-ventures to enhance their chances for qualification.
10. Eligibility criteria, establishment of the short-list and the selection procedure shall be in accordance with the African Development Bank’s “Procurement Policy for Bank Group Funded Operations” dated October 2015, which is available on the Bank’s website at http://www.afdb.org. A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Quality and Cost Based Selection (QCBS) method. Please note that interest expressed by a consulting firm does not imply any obligation on the part of the Water and Sanitation Corporation to include it on the shortlist.
11. Interested consultants may obtain further information at the following address during office hours [5-15 GMT] or by e-mail:
Attn: [Procurement Management Services Office]:
[Willy NIYONTEZE, Procurement Services Manager]
[P.O Box 2331 KN4 Av 8, HQ, CENTENARY HOUSE, Nyarugenge District,
Kigali City, Rwanda.]
Tel: [(+ 250) 788 181427]
12. Written Expressions of Interest (EOI) must be delivered in two (2) hard copies (one original and one copy plus soft copy in CD Rom) in a sealed envelope clearly marked: “Feasibility Study, Detailed Designs and Supervision of Works for the Construction of Sake Water Supply System” or could be submitted by e-mail to the address above by no later than 09/11/ 2018 at 3:00 PM (GMT).
Eng. Aimé MUZOLA
Chief Executive Officer