REPUBLIC OF ZAMBIA
ROAD DEVELOPMENT AGENCY (RDA)
MULTI-NATIONAL (ZAMBIA AND BOTSWANA)
KAZUNGULA BRIDGE PROJECT
REHABILITATION OF T001, SECTION BETWEEN CHIKANKATA TURN-OFF AND MAZABUKA (33.5KM) - LOT 2 (PACKAGE 4) – NORTH-SOUTH CORRIDOR
SPECIFIC PROCUREMENT NOTICE
INVITATION FOR BIDS
Date: 10 MAY 2019
Loan No: 2100150025694
IFB No. :RDA/CE/ICB/001/019
1. This Invitation for Bids follows the General Procurement Notice (GPN) for this project that appeared in United Nations Development Business online (UNDB online) No. AfDB61-05/12 of 7th May 2012, and on the African Development Bank’s Internet Website (www.afdb.org).
2. The Government of the Republic of Zambia has received a loan from the African Development Bank (AfDB) towards the cost of the Rehabilitation of Road T1, Section Between Chikankata Turn-Off to Mazabuka, Lot 2 (Km 38.5 – Km 72.0). It is intended that part of the proceeds of this loan/financing will be applied to eligible payments under the contract for Rehabilitation of Road T1, Section Between Chikankata Turn-Off to Mazabuka, Lot 2 (Km 38.5 – Km 72.0).
3. The Government of the Republic of Zambia, represented by Road Development Agency now invites sealed Bids from eligible Bidders for the Rehabilitation of Road T1, Section between Chikankata Turn-Off to Mazabuka, Lot 2 (Km 38.5 – Km 72.0) Kazungula Bridge - Package 4 (hereinafter called “the Works”). International Competitive Bidding with Post-Qualification will be conducted in accordance with the Bank's Rules and Procedures for Procurement of Goods and Works.
4. Invitation is open to firms and voluntary formed joint ventures in accordance with the African Development Bank’s ‘Rules of Procedure for Procurement of Goods and Works May 2008’ as revised in July 2012. Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from and inspect the bidding documents at the office of:
The Director and Chief Executive Officer
Road Development Agency Head Office -Procurement Department
P. O. Box 50003
Plot 33, Corner of Government and Fairley Roads
5. A complete set of bidding documents may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written application to the address above and upon payment of a non-refundable fee of K2,000.00 or its equivalent in a freely convertible currency for each set, payable by Banker’s Cheque, Banker’s Draft or Cash to the Road Development Agency (RDA), P.O. Box 50003, Lusaka, Zambia.
6. The provisions in the Instructions to Bidders and in the General Conditions of Contract are the provisions of the African Development Bank Standard Bidding Document: Procurement of Goods or Procurement of Works.
7. Bids must be delivered to the above office on or before 14:30 hours local time on Friday, 28 June 2019 and must be accompanied by a security in form of a Bank guarantee in the amount of US$ 350,000.00 or its equivalent in a freely convertible currency and issued by a Registered Commercial Bank or a financial institution registered with either the Pensions and Insurance Authority of Zambia or the Bank of Zambia. A Site Visit will take place on 31st May, 2019. The meeting place shall be the Turnpike junction at 09:00hrs. Thereafter, a Pre-bid meeting shall be held at the RDA Headquarters in Lusaka at 14:30 hours on 31st May, 2019.
8. Bids will be opened in the presence of bidders’ representatives who choose to attend at 14:30 hours local time on Friday, 28 June 2019 at the offices of Road Development Agency Conference Room in Lusaka Province of Zambia.